Friday, May 6, 2011

Obama, O Bin Laden

Today I thought I would share with you an interesting "secret" that I learned this morning. Obama will be coming to my home town today to welcome back the soldiers that killed O Bin Laden. Apparently it was supposed to be kept a secret to minimize security threat and all that jazz. It would have been a secret from me had my boss not mentioned it, seeing as I don't have cable. If you can't tell, I'm not too super excited about Obama being here though.

Another thing that you should know about me is that I hate talking politics. I know I'm in the generation that is supposed to give a crap to change the world for a better future and stuff, and it's not that I don't give a crap, it's just that it all frustrates me. I know that for most things it's better to be aware than naive, but in the case of politics and who has done what - I wish to stay un-informed. Life seems a simpler if you don't worry about what everyone else is doing, espeically when there's not much you could do to change anything. Don't worry - I have really strong opinions on a lot of the political issues, but I won't tell you because then I would just get frustrated and ruin a perfectly good morning.

So as a favor to myself, I will not freak out and worry that in addition to the normal stress of commencements and staff meetings and missing TomTom's today, that we will be blown to bits by some terroristic attack on our base just because the President (had to make sure that was a "capital" P there) is here. I know at least one of my colleagues is freaking out enough for all of us.

On another note, I'm finding it awkward that our nation's leader's name rhymes with our nation's greatest enemy... anybody else think about that often? You know... Obama... Osama...? In past conversations, I've mixed up their names. Yes, I realize that's a "bad" thing to do, but I jsut can't help it. I'm not that good with names to begin with, and then you give me names that rhyme.

So I have two questions for you today. Number one: If you talk about Osama/Obama, do you ever mix up their names? And number two: What would be your feelings or concerns if the President were to be coming to your town in this same situation (you know, the whole we killed dude and he's coming to congratulate the soldiers who did it thing)?

No comments:

Post a Comment