Friday, May 13, 2011

The Good News/Bad News Game

I feel like today has been a day of the good news/bad news game. The day started out with the power going out while I was trying to get ready. Bad news. The boss was in a rage first thing this morning, and were told to try our best to avoid them. Bad news. After much debating, the decision was made that we wouldn't be able to afford to go to Gatlinburg for our summer vacation. Bad news. I forgot about a "street fest" at the cafeteria today that I got a reminder about which meant free lunch. Good news. We got $1500 deposited into an account from the insurance company to help pay for repairs on the car. Good news. We need another $500 to cover the cost of the repairs on top of that. Bad news. I have a huge zit on my chin. Bad news. It's sunny outside so we can finally grill. Good news.

Most of today's news has apparently been bad. I just realized that, but I am so grateful that it's Friday. Good news. I think the fact that it's Friday helps even out the score, but the dissappointment of not being able to have a real vacation weighs the bad news side down pretty heavily. And that bad news will last all summer.

That's all I have to blog on for today, since I have a mini-migraine and it's worn my brain out. (More bad news.) Searching for a question to ask today...  ...  ...  ...  ...  What has been the best news that you've gotten today (or event that's happened)?

No comments:

Post a Comment